Ministerial Formation and Outreach
Introduction: The Graduate Assistant for Ministerial Formation and Outreach provides administrative support to the Associate Dean for Formation and Outreach in the area of Outreach Events, Formation processes, and supporting the Seeing the Word project.
Application: Provide the following information in two to four pages.
- Title the document: Application for Graduate Assistantship: Ministerial Formation and Outreach.
- List your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, intended degree, and first enrollment term.
- Describe how you hope to use your theological education upon graduation.
- List three experiences or qualities that you bring to this position and describe how you have used these in ministry or related areas.
- Describe an area in which you wish to sharpen your skills and ministerial competencies through this position.
- Submit three letters of reference.
- Submit a current resume.
- Email the documents as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criteria for Award Distribution:
- Applicants must be accepted into a master's degree program.
- Selection of award recipients is based on the strength of the assistantship application and the formal interview.
- Award recipients receive a financial package valued between $15,000 and $22,000 per year. The package has three components:
- A tuition scholarship ranging from 50% to 100% for the academic terms
- A work award in the amount of $4,000 per academic year
- An allowance of $3,500 per academic year for Room and Board
- The work award is earned on an hourly basis and the room & board allowance is a monthly stipend; both are processed through student payroll with options for payments to be deposited into a personal bank account or applied to the student's account.
- Award packages can be renewed for up to three years pending satisfactory progress toward completion of the degree requirements and enrollment in consecutive academic terms of full time study.
- Appointments are 15 hours per week.