Campus Ministry (CSB) Graduate Assistantship
Introduction: One graduate assistantship in campus ministry is offered by the College of Saint Benedict Campus Ministry in conjunction with Saint John's School of Theology and Seminary. The assistantship provides a great opportunity for the student to become an integral member of the Campus Ministry team, collaborating to oversee ministry in the areas of liturgy and music.
Application: Provide the following information in two to three pages.
- Title: Application for Graduate Assistantship in Campus Ministry, College of Saint Benedict.
- List your name, address, telephone number, email address, intended degree, the term you plan to enroll.
- List three experiences or qualities that you bring to this position and describe how you have used these in ministry or related areas.
- Describe how you wish to sharpen your skills and ministerial competencies through this position.
- Describe how you hope to use your theological education upon graduation.
- Email the document as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria for Award Distribution:
- Applicants must be accepted into a master's degree program.
- Selection of award recipients is based on the strength of the assistantship application and the formal interview.
- Award recipients receive a financial package valued between $17,000 and $20,000 per year. The package has three components:
- A tuition scholarship ranging from 50% to 100% for the academic terms
- A work award in the amount of $6,800 per academic year
- An allowance of $3,200 per academic year for Room and Board
- The work award is earned on an hourly basis and the room & board allowance is a monthly stipend; both are processed through student payroll with options for payments to be deposited into a personal bank account or applied to the student's account.
- Award packages can be renewed for up to three years pending satisfactory progress toward completion of the degree requirements and enrollment in consecutive academic terms of full time study.
- Appointments are 20 hours per week, August - May.