Alum Referral Scholarships
Degree-seeking applicants who are referred by an alum of Saint John's School of Theology and Seminary are eligible for a full tuition scholarship. Their program of study can be in any of the masters degree programs of the School of Theology and Seminary. Up to five awards are available each year to qualified candidates. Alums, steeped in the spirit of Saint John's, understand the school's dedication to a life-long pursuit of wisdom as well as Saint John's ongoing commitment to the academic, spiritual, pastoral, and professional formation of lay and ordained ministers. Alums are well-positioned to recommend men and women who would be excellent candidates for service to the church.
Application: Provide the following information in two to four pages.
- Title the document: Application for Full Tuition Scholarship (Alum Referral).
- List your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, intended degree, and first enrollment term.
- Demonstrate how you will achieve the goals of the scholarship: Specifically, a statement of purpose indicating intent to enrich the academic, spiritual, pastoral and professional lives of the people you serve in ministry with reflection on how your personal and professional goals can be enriched through your studies at Saint Johns.
- Demonstrate your ability to achieve the goals set forth in the statement of purpose. This can be by prior academic study, professional work, volunteer service as well as current volunteer services, field education, and academic projects.
- Incorporate how the resources at Saint John's can be incorporated into your program of study.
- Describe financial need.
- Email the document as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criteria for Award Distribution:
- Applicants must be accepted into a master's degree program.
- Selection of award recipients is based on the strength of the application.
- Award recipients receive a financial package valued at $15,000 per year at the current tuition rates. The funding is for academic terms only. Scholarships for the summer sessions are awarded separately.
- Award packages can be renewed for up to three years pending satisfactory progress toward completion of the degree requirements and enrollment in consecutive academic terms of full time study.
Graduate Admissions: Mary Beth Banken, email@example.com, 320-363-2896