Admissions Requirements for Certificate in Spiritual Direction
- Online application for Certificate in Spiritual Direction.
- Submit an electronic photo.
- Statement of Intent: In 500 words or less, explain your interest in the certificate program. Describe your background and incorporate two or three experiences that illustrate why you would be a likely candidate for the certificate.
- Unofficial transcripts if former credits earned are to apply to the Certificate in Spiritual Direction.
Two letters of recommendation attesting to spiritual maturity and psychological balance from people who have known you for a significant period of time.
* One recommendation needs to come from your current spiritual director and the other from someone who knows you well within a church or other religious organization.
* Applicants from religious communities: One recommendation must come from a major superior with a statement of sponsorship, in place of a letter from a church or other religious organization relationship.
* The form requires that the applicant waive the right of access to the recommendation.
Online Recommendation Form (send the url to your recommenders).
Submit admissions documents to Office of Graduate Admissions, PO Box 7288, Collegeville, MN 56321 or email them to