Degree Outcomes: MA Liturgical Music
- Students will gain a basic knowledge of the liturgy in order to understand the role of music in worship.
- Students will understand and be able to use theological and liturgical vocabulary and concepts in liturgical, theological and ministerial discussions.
- Students will be able to engage in research, writing, and oral expression of liturgy-related topics.
- Students will demonstrate musical excellence in a major area (organ, voice/choral conducting, or composition) and a secondary (minor) area (organ or voice) through auditions, coursework, and juries.
- Students will integrate liturgical awareness with musical excellence and pastoral sensitivity.