Director, Lilly Community Fellowship Program, 2016 -
Dean, School of Theology and Seminary, 1999-2015
B.A., Saint John’s University, 1974; M.A.R., Yale Divinity School, 1976; M. Phil., Ph.D., Yale University, 1989
firstname.lastname@example.org | 320-363-3182
Recent courses taught:
Christology (Fall 2013, Fall 2012, Fall 2011, Fall 2010, Fall 2009)
“The World in Our Classroom: Globalizations, Benedictine Wisdom and the Catholic Intellectual Tradition,” The Benedictine Lecture at Mount Marty College in, Yankton South Dakota, October 29, 2009. Also delivered at Mother of God Monastery in Watertown, SD on October 28.
“Benedictine Wisdom and the Catholic Intellectual Tradition,” Fall Convocation Keynote Address, College of Saint Scholastica, Duluth, MN, September 2, 2009.
“The Catholic Intellectual Tradition: What is it? Why Should I Care?” Barry University, Miami, FL, November 14, 2008; Dominican University, River Forest IL; Villanova, University, Philadelphia, PA, February 13, 2007; Saint John’s University/College of St. Benedict, Collegeville, MN August 20, 2003
“Kierkegaard and Catholicism,” Faculty Seminar, Seton Hall University, May 20-22, 2008
- “The Pope and the Church in the U.S.” Midday Live Interview, Minnesota Public Radio, April 17, 2008.
- “What’s Truth Got To Do With It? The Understanding of Truth in the Catholic Tradition,”
Dominican University, River Forest, Illinois, Sept. 11, 2007.
- “Formation for Ministry,” Panel Presentation, Working in the Vineyard of the Lord: A National Symposium on Lay Ecclesial Ministry, Collegeville, MN, August 1, 2007
- “What is a Parish?” Ministry Colloquium, Saint John’s School of Theology·Seminary, July, 2008, June 2007, July, 2003
- “God and Human in Christ,” Bethlehem Lutheran Church, St. Cloud, MN, April 22, 2007
- “Fundamentalism,” Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, Deanery Convocation, April 16, 2007
“Faith and Reason: Is Curiosity the Enemy of Commitment?” Villanova University, Philadelphia, PA, February 13, 2007
Panelist, ATS Seminar for Newly Appointed Faculty, Pittsburgh, PA October, 2009.
- Chair, ATS Accreditation Site Visit, 2009.
- Board, Collegeville Institute for Ecumenical and Cultural Research, 2008-
- Board of Directors, Louisville Institute, 2004-
Board, Society of Arts in Religious and Theological Studies, 2003-
Editorial Board, ARTS, Journal for Arts in Religious and Theological Studies, 2003
Faculty Development for Mission committee, Association of Benedictine Colleges and Universities, 2007-2008.
Staff, Wabash Center for Teaching and Learning in Theology and Religious Studies Workshop for pre-tenure seminary faculty, 2007-2008.
Board of Directors, Catholic Charities of Diocese of St. Cloud, 2003-2008
Faculty Development Advisory Committee, Association of Theological Schools, 2004-2006