Article XII. Other
Section A. Additional Member Responsibilities
- To take a training session from the administration on the University finances and how the SJS needs to maintain audits.
- To complete all transitioning responsibilities, as deemed by the SJS Vice President, in order to receive a stipend.
Section B. Resignation
- In accordance with the Oath of Office, each SJS member is expected to serve the Senator’s entire elected term of office.
- Conditions for resignation include solely:
- Inability to effectively continue performing required duties.
- Absence from the Saint John’s Community
- A resigning senator must:
- Submit a signed letter of resignation to the Executive Council.
- Return all SJS property and files immediately upon resignation.
- Submit full transition notes to the appropriate transition binder.
- Forfeit any stipend not yet collected.
Section C. Student Activity Fee
- The SJS defines the Student Activity Fee as monies to be used for the benefit of the student body for social purposes: entertainment, recreation, spiritual, and academic.
Section D. Standing Rules of the SJS.
- The SJS shall abide by the standing rules as required by these SJS By-Laws.
- The SJS shall approve the standing rules by majority vote at the start of the term, amending as necessary