Article IX. Functions and Meetings of the Senate
Section A. Functions
- To enact resolutions, policies, and recommendations.
- To review board, committee, and Executive Council decisions.
- To ascertain, evaluate, and advocate the concerns and best interest of the student body.
Section B. Meetings
- The Senate shall convene on a regular basis as outlined in SJS By-Laws, Article X.
- Special sessions may be called by the President.
Section C. Quorum
- A quorum of SJS shall be 2/3 of all senate positions filled.
Section D. Voting
- All actions of the Senate require approval by an absolute majority defined as 50%+1.
- Voting conditions:
- No member may vote unless the Senator is present.
- Voting privileges may be reserved by request to the President prior to the meeting.
Section E. Interpretation
- The President shall be the ultimate judge as to the interpretation of the constitution.
- This constitution shall supersede all previous student government documents/constitutions.