Sustainability Representative: Nicholas Mertens
Sustainability Represntative By-Laws
- To serve as a member of the Capital Improvements Committee
- To meet at least each semester with the Sustainability Fellow(s) and report back to the SJS.
- To meet with SJU staff to address issues pertaining to sustainability as needed, including but not limited to: Facilities, Grounds, Residential Life and Housing, Culinary Services, and Transportation.
- Serve as liaison between the administration and student on campus sustainability issues.
- Be a member of the Food Committee focusing on sustainability within SJU Dining Services.
- Meet with Campus sustainability clubs such as Sustainability Alliance, Climate, Action Club, EcoHouses, at least once every semester and facilitate collaboration between groups when possible.
- Attend meetings of the SJU Sustainability Council
- To represent the SJS to the Arboretum Board.
- To chair the Sustainability Budget and investigate, propose, fund, and monitor sustainability efforts on the Saint John’s University Campus.
- To chair the Sustainability Committee and to sit on one other internal committee each semester.