Why did the University make the change to eBills?
The Student Accounts Office at Saint John's University has implemented a new billing process. Starting in the fall of 2010, eBilling is the official billing process for the school. Paper bill statements will no longer be mailed with this conversion to eBilling. This change in process took place for several reasons:
- eBilling statements are received immediately after processing, eliminating mailing time and allowing more time for the students and authorized users to plan
- Electronic payments are posted to the account immediately
- Electronic payments are able to be made 24/7, and will no longer rely on office hours
- Increased privacy and security
- Available world wide via the Internet
- You may request that multiple "authorized users" have access to your bill
- View the billing and payment history on an account
- Environmentally friendly and supports the efforts of the University to make 2010-2011 "The Year of Sustainability"
- Contributes to budget savings which indirectly affect the cost of tuition
Important information to be aware of:
- If a paper copy of the bill is needed, students and authorized users have an option to print the billing statement after viewing it.
- Only the student can set up his authorized user/s. Make sure that this important step has been completed. Authorized Users can view and/or make payments on the eBilling statements.
- Payments can be made electronically using all major credit cards or using electronic checks from a savings or checking account.
- Payment methods can be stored for future payments. After logging in to make a payment, you will have the option of using any stored payment methods that you have set up.
- All students are automatically registered to receive an eBill.