Year Built: 1950
Emmaus Hall was constructed in 1950 by the Diocese of Saint Cloud as a seminary for priesthood students. The architect was Frank W. Jackson, Saint Cloud. It was commonly called The Seminary or Cloud Hall. The building is four stories of reinforced concrete faced with brick and other decorative stone. The lounge and library include stained glass windows. It cost $600,000 to build it as housing for the expected 100 seminarians from Saint Cloud and various dioceses across the country. The building was blessed on September 16th, 1952, by Cardinal Edward Mooney of the Archdiocese of Detroit, with two archbishops and 24 bishops from 12 states and Yugoslavia.
Today, Emmaus Hall's 2nd floor includes several 1-person rooms for Junior and Senior living, and the building serves students of the School of Theology.
For a more in-depth history of Emmaus Hall, visit the Saint John's Archives.
Available Room Types:
- 11 One-Person Suites
- Shelf space
- Carpeted Floors