Housing Selection Overview
We hold Housing Selection in late March or early April. In this process, students select on-campus housing, and a limited number of students may select off-campus housing. Students select housing by class cohort: rising seniors, rising juniors, and rising sophomores. A class cohort is a group of students who first enrolled at St. John's in the same year. We determine and assign selection times for eligible participants by a cohort-based random number assignment. Times are computer-assigned. Participants with a lower number in their cohort get an earlier selection time within that cohort.
- March 1 – Housing intent forms are due via the Housing Portal.
- March 15 – Selection Times are shared via the Housing Portal.
- March 15 – Requests for Housing Accomodations through Student Accessibility Services are due.
- March 15 – Off-Campus Living eligibility is determined. Residential Life sends ineligibility letters via email. Eligible rising seniors may participate in the Off-Campus Living Selection process.
- April 11 - Off-Campus Living Selection (Seniors Only; 4-Person Groups Only); Beginning at 9 am
- April 12 - Seniors Only Apartment Selection (Seniors Only; 2, 4, and 6 Person Groups); Beginning at 9 am
- April 18 - General Junior/Senior Selection; Beginning at 9 am, earliest Rising Junior at 10:30 am
- April 20 - General Sophomore Selection; Beginning at 9 am
Housing Selection Eligibility
To be eligible to select housing, students must:
- Complete the SJU Fall 2023 Housing Intent & Housing Agreement Form via the Housing Portal at least 24 hours before housing selection participation.
- Register for Fall 2023 classes (for at least 12 credits) at least 24 hours before housing selection participation.
See Housing Options by Class Cohort.
- Junior and Senior students are eligible to live in campus apartments.
- Sophomores and First-Year students are not eligible to live in campus apartments.
Saint John's has a limited number of single rooms available to students. Rising juniors and seniors groups can select single rooms during the Junior/Senior General Housing Selection. Sophomores interested in single rooms should sign up for the pre-selection waitlist. Students unable to select a single room should find a roommate or group but can sign up for a waitlist. Single rooms are not guaranteed to become available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact SJU Residential Life and Housing with questions and concerns at [email protected] or 320-363-3512.