Saint Benet Hall
The first free-standing student residence outside the main Quad, Saint Benet Hall was designed by John Comes of Pittsburg and was constructed in 1921. When first occupied, the top floor was an open dormitory, the basement contained a bowling alley and billiard rooms, and the four floors in between contained rooms for undergraduates.
During the summers of 1996-2000, Benet Hall was thoroughly renovated and modernized. It now offers single, double, and apartment style housing. All rooms and corridors are carpeted, and the rooms are furnished with new loftable units constructed from home-grown red oak and fabricated by the Abbey woodworking shop. Each floor also has its own laundry and lounge/kitchen.
This property is listed in the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior.