The monastery's Chapter House was constructed along with and east of the Abbey & University Church in 1958. Designed by Marcel Breuer, it serves as the meeting room of the monastery. The Monastic Chapter is made up of all monks who are in solemn, perpetual vows and, who, therefore, have voting rights.
The abbot of the community gives spiritual conferences here, and the monastery conducts official business here: voting to approve the operating budgets of its apostolates and authorizing the construction of new facilities or the renovation of existing buildings.
The Monastic Chapter also votes on candidates for the novitiate (first year of formation), for juniorate (three additional years of formation), and for candidates for solemn profession.
To make the Chapter House readily available to the public and to provide the Abbey Church with an elevator and additional restrooms, the Chapter House was enlarged in 2007 with the addition of the Abbey Pavilion.