EMT Course at Saint John's
Spring EMT Course Information
CSB/SJU contracts with a training institution to offer an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) course on campus.
This course is open to all CSB/SJU students and is offered through the college. Class meets two evenings per week with some weekend hands-on lab time. Students are required to complete a 12-hour clinical internship in an emergency room or ambulance setting.
In addition to tuition, this course has extra fees associated with it:
- Class Fee of ~$575 (this is charged to your student account)
- Clinical Shirt Fee ~$30
- Written Exam Fee* $80 (paid directly to the NREMT)
All course participants are required to provide proof of a TB Mantoux test within the past 6 months. Proof of Hepatitis vaccination or declination of vaccination must be provided as well.
* Written exam is required to become State and Nationally certified as an EMT-Basic. It is possible to complete the course, pass the practical exam, receive a grade for the course and not become certified.
There are limited seats available for this course and the competition can be tough! Course admission is granted according to the following criteria:
- Completion of Class Application
- Completion of the background check authorization
- An interview with the captains of the SJU EMT Squad
- FYI: this course is the primary source for new EMTs to join the SJU EMT Squad, because of this preference is given to first and second-year students
Email us with questions!