SJU Dining Service Sustainability Internship Application
SJU Dining Service Sustainability Internship
This position encourages the incorporation of related class room experience, personal campus knowledge and SJU resources to effectively promote and create sustainable programming at SJU Dining Service department. This person will be responsible for planning and implementing new programs and promotional events, educating the SJU community about sustainability within the department, and other tasks as assigned by management. There is a wide scope of activities related to this position and the student will be involved in day to day operational items as well as goals and plans as it relates to the strategic growth of the department.
Basic Qualifications & General Information
- Internship available to sophomores, juniors or seniors. Internship duration is typically one year in length.
- Intern will work approximately 12- 15 hours per week and the schedule will vary depending upon the week's dining events. Consistent attendance is required.
- Student will coordinate internship credits with the Internship Program department, if desired.
- SJU Dining Service will provide necessary supplies and use of a computer in order to complete all duties and tasks.
- The intern will be required to act and dress in a professional manner when representing SJU Dining Service.
- Preference may be given to students enrolled in the following programs: Environmental Studies, Food Studies, Management, and Communications.
- Preference may also be given to students that have worked a minimum of one semester in SJU Dining Service.
- Self-starter who is able to independently develop and manage projects.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Capacity and know-how to navigate the challenges of implementing environmental sustainability initiatives.
- Interest working in the business world, and infusing environmental sustainability into operational roles.
- Research and identify department sustainability initiatives in the areas sourced food products, green practices, waste management.
- Create and update baseline data that articulates the current status of activity in the SJU Dining Service/ Events area.
- Communicate, educate and market practices to SJU community (current practices and green initiatives). Update sustainability information on SJU Dining website.
- Purchasing Manager and Executive Chef to clearly identify current sourcing and utilization of local foods.
- Coordinate and execute at least one promotional event or theme meal per semester.
- Complete any documentation necessary if this is in conjunction with the school for class credits.
- Keep a detailed record and photographs of all activities and analyze the success/ failures of each to be better prepared for future events.
- Attend the weekly management meeting and/ or other various meetings with SJU Dining Service management staff or other people as necessary for development.
- Other duties may be assigned as needs arise.
- Delivers with speed and accuracy.
- Creates innovative and professional ideas and materials.
- Successful execution of programs and events.
- Reliable and dependable.
Administrative Manager and Dietitian
SJU Dining Service
31802 County Road 159
Collegeville, MN 56321
(320) 363- 3489
Sorry, this form is unavailable at this time.