SJU Dining Service Refectory Student Supervisor Application
SJU Dining Service Refectory Student Supervisor Applicaton
The Dining Service Student Supervisors are responsible for the day-to-day work of the student employees of their shifts in overseeing the providing of sanitary dishes and providing good customer service in the dining room while serving quality food and keeping food items supplied for the customer. The supervisor is responsible for daily job assignments, training, day-to-day coaching, work output, discipline, and doing evaluations once per semester for their crew of student employees. This may also include working with and managing WACOSA employees.
Must be able to work a meal shift (breakfast, lunch or dinner) depending on other supervisors' schedules. Flexibility to adjust schedule is appreciated. Will work weekend shifts as well. Will need to return to school a week before school starts for student supervisor training in the fall.
Basic Qualifications & General Information
- Skills used/gained from this position will include: interpersonal communication, teamwork, flexibility, dependability, applied problem solving, ability to work under stress, ability to work with a variety of people, and leadership skills.
- Preference may be given to students enrolled in the following programs: Food Studies, Management, and Nutrition.
- Applicants must have worked a minimum of one semester in SJU Dining Service.
- Student Supervisors are required to adhere to all polocies and procedures as outlined in the Student Employment Handbook.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrating leadership abilities and good communication skills is a must. Willingness to devote time to the job, (about 12- 15 hours per week). Must have completed Environmental Health and Safety training.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/ activities.
- Outgoing personality; enjoys interacting with others.
- Retail/ dining/ customer service experience a plus.
- Strong collaboration skills; capable of working with various levels of staff and students.
Coach employees daily on job and responsibilities (35%). Work alongside student employees to be sure that work is completed accurately and timely. (20%) Coordinate shifts to make sure all employees are present and working. (10%) Enforce Dining Service polices as directed by the Dining Service Student Employee Handbook (10%). Train student employees to do all jobs on the shift. (10%) Perform employee evaluations once per semester. (5%) Receive and implement other tasks as assigned by student managers, non-student employees, and managers. (5%) Record and follow-up on shift absences. (5%) Other duties may be assigned as needs arise.
SJU Dining Service Student Managers- Refectory
(320) 363- 3489
SJU Dining Service
Administrative Manager and Dietitian
(320) 363- 3489