Article I: Our Purpose
A. Our club provides an opportunity to students to involve themselves in a sports activity outside the realm of varsity athletics.
B. In Order to advance student interest involvement and participation in environment we shall act as a resource for inter-collegiate activity
C. We shall give instruction in the field of rugby football as well as provide physical activity for those students interested.
D. Our goal, as a St. John’s representative, is to add to the experience of St. John’s by giving opportunity to students interested in inter-collegiate competition as well as inter-collegiate relationships.
Article II: Membership
A. The organization shall be open to anyone who expresses an interest in the field of rugby football.
Article III: Officers
1. Will preside at all meetings.
2. Will be responsible for organizing all activities of the club.
B. Match Secretary
1. Will act as president in his absence
2. Is responsible for setting up all matches.
C. Secretary / Treasurer
1. Will be responsible for keeping an accurate record of all club funds.
2. Will perform all other duties assigned to him.
1. Shall be elected prior to fall and spring seasons.
2. Are responsible for practices and instruction.
1. Elections for the Presidency, Match Secretary, and Treasurer will be held prior to spring season.
2. Their term will last one full year.
3. Captains will be elected prior to each season.
4. Individuals must have completed one season to be eligible to vote.
Article IV: Practices
A. Practices shall be held during the season when appropriate.
Article V: Amending the Constitution
A. This constitution is open to amendment by a 2/3 vote of its members.
Article VI: Discrimination
A. The St. John’s Rugby Football Club admits students without regard to their race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation or national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and other activities, generally accorded or made available to members of the organization.
Article VII: Hazing
A. The St. John’s Rugby Football Club considers hazing to be a degrading and destructive activity which is inconsistent with the standards of this student organization. The St. John’s Rugby Football Club recognizes the dignity of every person and opposes all forms of hazing.