Faculty Writing Retreats
Writing retreats provide space for faculty members to focus on their writing, whether book proposals, journal articles, and manuscripts or grant proposals, tenure files, and more. Retreats offer multiple days of unstructured writing time in a beautiful setting, as well as the opportunity to get to know your colleagues over shared communal meals and informal conversations. The cost is free, and all are welcome!
2021-2022 Writing Retreats
- Monday, January 3 - Wednesday, January 5: Green Lake Lutheran Ministries, Spicer, MN
- Tuesday, March 8 - Thursday, March 10: SJU @ Alcuin & Learning Commons
- Wednesday, May 18 - Friday, May 22: Green Lake Lutheran Ministries, Spicer, MN
- Monday, June 6 - Wednesday, June 8: Abbey Guesthouse, Collegeville, MN
- Tuesday, June 28 - Thursday, June 30: SJU @ Alcuin & Learning Commons
What to Expect
- Are either overnight or multi-day on campus. All overnight retreats are open to day participants.
- Are flexible and can accommodate your needs. Reach out!
- Include communal meals with colleagues.
- Build relationships with colleagues that cross disciplines and departments.
- Include trails, lakes, and opportunities to be with nature.
- Offer chances to meet with Research and Grants Office staff about funding opportunities.
- Can be family friendly. We're open to afternoon canoe rides, evening cookouts, and more. Let us know what you need.
Overnight retreats include:
- Individual rooms and bathrooms, linens included.
- Private and communal writing spaces.
- Meals: Day 1--dinner; Day 2--breakfast, lunch, dinner; Day 3--breakfast, lunch. Snacks provided throughout the day.
- Walking trails and a lake.