S/U Grading

  • Arrangements for this non-honor point grading option should be made with your professor at the beginning of the course.
  • Undergraduates are limited in the number and types of courses they may take for the grade S (satisfactory). See the Academic Catalog for specific rules.
  • First-year students and all students on academic probation may not take the S/U option, except for a course in which only S/U grading is available.
  • The grade S, once turned in by the instructor, is not subject to later change.
  • Grading options are listed in the class schedule as either "Grading Option A-F Required" or "Grading Option S-U Required". If neither of these statements is printed with a course in the class schedule, the instructor will permit eligible students to choose either option by the date the instructor specifies at the beginning of the course.
  • If coursework grades average below a C under the S/U option, the grade U (unsatisfactory) will be given with no credit earned.

See also Academic Catalog: Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory Grades.