Registration Instructions

All currently registered students who expect to return to CSB/SJU this Spring must complete advance registration by November 13th. Please follow these instructions carefully-proper registration is your responsibility. If you have any questions about registration, call the Registrar's Office at 5260 (CSB) or 3396 (SJU).


  • Met with their advisor to obtain their Registration PIN #
  • Settled all current charges with the Student Accounts Office
  • Been accepted by a department (unless they are a first- year student)
  • Complied with Minnesota immunization regulations
  • Have an active Network account
  • Applied for graduation if they are classified as a Senior

We strongly urge you to meet with your advisor early and enter your registration on BANNER Web Self Service. Delaying your registration will affect course selection. Students who are ineligible to register for any of these reasons may register on BANNER Web Self Service after they have cleared all registration holds.

Please note that registration for ILPs (Individualized Learning Projects) and for special programs (Tri-College Exchange, Internships, etc.) requires your submission of special forms available online through the Registrar's Office website. Registration for Internships (8 credits or more) are due the first day of classes.


Registration adjustments (Drop/Add) can be done on BANNER Web Self Service through the first week of class. You will need your Registration PIN# that you received from your Advisor. To drop a course after this date, complete the appropriate online request form available at: or students can come to the Registrar's Office at SJU (Quad 163) or at CSB (Academic Services Building 208).

Listings of cancelled or closed courses will be electronically updated on the Class Schedule Information on BANNER Web Self Service. Students should use BANNER Web Self Service to check whether a space has become available in a course that was previously closed. Full-term courses may be added through the first 5 class days of the semester.

If a course is closed, check whether there are any other sections of the same course that have spaces available in them and register for an alternate section. If this option is not available to you, consider alternate courses and register accordingly. Your advisor is a good resource to help determine an appropriate alternate. In some cases, it may be appropriate for the department chair or instructor to "override" a student beyond the course limit. Override registrations are completed by the student submitting the online request form: to be considered by the department chair or instructor as appropriate. Approved requests will be automatically forwarded to the Registrar's Office for processing.