Registration Instructions

Registration Procedures

New incoming students
Please complete the CSB/SJU Advising and Registration Form, located in the Forms Portal, in order to provide the Academic Advising Office with accurate information to complete your initial class registration.

Current and continuing students
Continuing students register online using Banner Web Self Service during the advance registration period. When registering for courses for the coming term, please follow the registration instructions carefully. Proper registration is the student's responsibility. If you have questions about registration, contact the Registrar's Office at 320.363.3396 or [email protected].

Continuing students are eligible to register only if they have:

  1. Met with their advisor and obtained their registration pin number
  2. Settled all current charges with the Student Accounts Office
  3. Complied with Minnesota immunization regulations
  4. Submitted a final High School transcript (applies to first-year students)
  5. Completed the mandated sexual misconduct training (applies to first semester, new students)
  6. Selected a new advisor (applies only to first-year students in their second semester)
  7. Been accepted by a department (applies only if a junior or senior during the next full term.)
  8. Applied for graduation (applies to all seniors or 4th year students)
  9. Have no other outstanding holds on their registration

We strongly urge you to meet with your advisor early and enter your registration on Banner Web Self Service on the date provided by your advisor. Delaying your registration will affect course selection and availability.

Students who are ineligible to register for any of these reasons may register on Banner Web Self Service after they have cleared all registration holds.

Registration Adjustments

Registration adjustments (Drop/Add) can be completed on Banner Web Self Service through the 5th class day of each semester. You will need your registration pin number that you received from your advisor. To drop a course after the 5th day of the semester, you must complete the appropriate online request form available at Registrar's Online Forms or come to the Registrar’s Office at SJU (Quad 163) .

Listings of cancelled or closed courses will be electronically updated in the Class Schedule on Banner Web Self Service. Students should check whether a space has become available in a course that was previously closed. Full term courses may be added through the first 5 class days of the semester.

If a course is closed, check whether there are any other sections of the same course that have spaces available in them and register for an alternate section. If this option is not available to you, consider alternate courses and register accordingly. Your advisor is a good resource to help determine an appropriate alternate. In some cases, it may be appropriate for the department chair or instructor to “override” a student beyond the course limit. Override registrations are completed by the student using the appropriate the Override Request Form.