Registration Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Registration times are assigned first by cohort groups based on when you started college. Then, these cohort groups are sorted according to the total number of credits at CSB/SJU, both earned and currently registered. Graduate students (SOT) & senior cohort register first, junior cohort, sophomore cohort, and finally the first-year cohort.
- After all current students have had the opportunity to register, new students and non-degree seeking students are allowed to register for courses. Non-degree seeking students can begin registration on August 1 (for Fall semester) and on December 1 (for Spring semester).
- Your faculty advisor will give you this number at your advising session. Please remember to keep this number in a safe place.
- This PIN allows you to add/drop classes through the first 5 days of the semester.
- If you are unsure if you have a correct/valid registration pin, you can always verify your pin by attempting to log into class registration. If you attempt to login with an invalid registration pin, you will get the following error message "Invalid alternate pin, please try again."
Banner Self-Service is the system you use to register for your classes online. See Login Instructions.
General Registration Questions
If you took a course at another college which is a required prerequisite of a CSB/SJU course, you must contact the Registrar's Office to be registered.
If you have not taken the prerequisite, you must contact the department to seek approval to register for the course by completing the Override request form.
You must contact the instructor or department to seek approval to register for the course by completing the Override request form.
See Credit Overload
Credit totals of 18 or more credits requires the student to seek the approval of an advisor in the Academic Advising Office. Students whose cumulative grade point average is below 2.00 may not register for an overload.