Preparing for Registration
- Schedule a meeting with your primary faculty advisor well in advance of your registration date.
- Using Degree Works in Banner Web, review your progress toward completing the Common Curriculum and major/minor requirements
- Review course offerings in Banner
- Consider balance between major/minor/Common Curriculum courses.
- Consider balance in courses that may require more/less focus
- Know what classes you NEED to take as well as those you WANT to take.
- Have a back-up plan in case your first-choice courses are unavailable at the time of registration.
- Familiarize yourself with course descriptions in the online academic catalog and/or in Banner Web's course listing (by clicking on the CRN and then "view catalog copy").
- Meet with your primary faculty advisor
- Review your Common Curriculum and major/minor requirements in Degree Works
- Inquire about specific courses that may be recommended for the upcoming semester
- Review your first-choice and back-up classes.
- Receive your registration PIN number.
- Consider sending PIN to yourself via e-mail so you find it if you wish to change your schedule later.
- Register for courses at the appointed time, based on number of credits already completed.
- Be flexible if your first-choice classes are unavailable.
- Help maintain the small class sizes by limiting over-enrollment requests
- Seek assistance as appropriate.
RESOURCES TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR REGISTRATION:
See Academic Four-Year Planner for additional information:
Link to Common Curriculum Information: