Degree Works is a comprehensive suite of web-based academic advising, degree audit, and course planning tools that aids students and advisors in successfully navigating CSB/SJU's degree requirements.
Degree Works allows users to define and track common curriculum, major, minor, concentration requirements using this data for real-time academic advising.
Serving as a fully integrated add-on to Banner student information system, Degree Works provides several clear benefits:
- Efficiently tracks every student in every program
- Empowers faculty advisors and students with comprehensive information via web access
- Streamlines the graduation process
- Enhances retention through improved student tracking and advice
Additionally, Degree Works will allow a user to enter a major/minor and then do "what if" scenarios by changing to another major/minor. The user would receive a complete and easy to read degree audit for their current major/minor and Common Curriculum requirements, plus any other major/minor they might be considering.
Banner Self-Service login
- Go to the CSB/SJU homepage
- Click on the "Tools" menu
- Select "Banner Self-Service"
- Click on "Banner Web Self Service (CSB Students)" or "Banner Web Self Service (SJU Students)"
- Enter Network ID and password
Degree Works access
While you are in Banner Self-Service...
- Click on "Student Services"
- Click on "Student Records"
- Click on "Degree Works"
Note: If you receive a message saying a pop-up was blocked or an additional page does not open after clicking Degree Works, you may need to change your pop-up blocker settings so that you can access the Degree Works site. Review your browser's help menu for instructions on how to turn off pop-up blockers or add an exception for the site: https://ssb.csbsju.edu