River Glen Gardens Tour
Tuesday, June 16, 2015
8:15 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Join naturalist and Saint John's Outdoor University friend Ron Wienhold on a tour of his River Glen Gardens.
River Glen features 75 acres of trees, planted flowers, wildflowers, a Japanese garden, and a private lake nestled along the winding Sauk River. It offers pristine habitat for plant and animal life, with surprises around every corner! Learn about the natural history of the area and view some of Ron's historical and archeological artifacts, including bison and horse skeletons from the pleistoscene in the River Glen Gardens museum which were found on site.
Tours of River Glen Gardens are usually booked throughout the summer with buses from around the region. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to have a personal tour with Ron.
Meet at the New Science Center ( campus map) at 8:15 a.m. to carpool or meet at River Glen at 9:30 a.m.
- From Saint John's take I-94 W toward Sauk Centre (about 30 miles)
- Exit at Sauk Centre and take US-71 north towards Long Prairie
- Continue to follow US-71 N - go 8.4 mi
- Turn left onto Co Rd 50 just south of Little Sauk - go 0.8 mi
- Enter the town of Little Sauk, MN.
- At the old, abandoned brick post office in Little Sauk, look west (left) to County Road 97. Take County Road 97 about a block and a half around the bend in the river. (The gardens are not visible from the road.) Park on the road and meet at the gate at the designated time for the tour.