Paddle Making Workshop
Fri-Sat, April 1-2, 2022 (CSB/SJU Student only)
- FREE for CSB/SJU students, thanks to CSB and SJU senate funding
- Space limited to 10 students, selected by lottery
- Register for the lottery by Wed, Mar 23. Selected students will be notified no later than Monday, Mar 28.
- Fri, Apr 1 (6-8 p.m.): measurements and glueing indoors, New Science 150
- Sat, Apr 2 (9 a .m. - 3 p.m.): shaping and sanding outdoors, Lake Sagatagan beach
Fri-Sat, May 13-14, 2022 (open to the public)
- $90-Outdoor U members
- $130-Nonmembers (price includes honorary 1-year Outdoor U membership)
- Space limited to 10 participants each session
Explore the different ways wooden paddles are made, then work on making a laminated, bent or straight shaft paddle. We supply the wood and you will glue the blade, shaft, and grip on the first day (6-8 p.m.). On day two, we will shape and work on sanding each paddle (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.). You’ll have to do some work at home, including final sanding and varnishing.