Minnesota "Virtual" Woodland Owner Weekend
Saturday, October 3, 2020
Join us for a virtual workshop designed for woodland owners and nature lovers in Minnesota. Watch all the pre-recorded sessions at your own convenience, then join us for live Zoom Q&A sessions with all the presenters on Oct 3.
- "Conservation of Minnesota's Big Woods" Lee Frelich, University of Minnesota
- "Nature's Best Hope" Doug Tallamy, University of Delaware
Registration includes access to pre-recorded presentations, virtual tours, and live Q&A with keynote speakers and session presenters. Registration closes Friday, September 25.
- $35 Early Registration (through Friday, Aug 28)
- $40 Late Registration (Aug 29 - Sept 25)
- Members of MFA, MNWWN, and Outdoor U get $5 off registration price
No refunds. If you are no longer able to attend, you can transfer your registration to another person.
This event has been approved for 7.0 Category 1 CFE credits through the Society of American Foresters and MN Forest Stewardship Plan Writers.
Schedule of Events
Prior to October 3, watch the recorded keynote and session presentations at your convenience. Recordings will be available starting Sept 26, 2020. Participate in the live Q&A Zoom sessions with presenters on Saturday, Oct 3.
Saturday, Oct 3 Live Online Q&A Session Schedule
- 7:30 a.m. Welcome and Introduction, Workshop Organizing Partners
- 8:15 a.m. Conservation of Minnesota's Big Woods, Lee Frelich, Keynote Speaker
- 9:00 a.m. Nature's Best Hope, Doug Tallamy, Keynote Speaker
- 9:45 a.m. Choosing the Best Trees to Plant, Eli Sagor
- 10:15 a.m. Highlights of Minnesota's Forest Products Industry, Kristen Bergstrand
- 10:45 a.m. Know Your Land for Management Decisions, Brian Huberty
- 11:15 a.m. Providing for Pollinators in Your Woodlands, Sarah Foltz Jordan and Karin Jokela
- 11:45 a.m. Encourage Native Species/Controlling Invasive Plants, Cheryl Culberth
- 12:15 p.m. LUNCH
- 12:45 p.m. Financial Assistance Programs for MN Woodland Owners, Andy McGuire
- 1:15 p.m. Wild Edible Plants that Might be on Your Property, Randy Schindle
- 1:45 p.m. Herbicide Use to Control Unwanted Plants, Gary Wyatt
- 2:15 p.m. Managing Your Woods with Emerald Ash Borer, Matt Russell
- 2:45 p.m. Chronic Wasting Disease: Separating Fact from Fiction, Ryan Rothstein
- 3:15 p.m. MN WOW Trivia
- 4:00 p.m. Conference closes