Collegebound at CSB/SJU
August 19-25, 2022
Registration opens at 8:00 a.m. on May 3, 2022. Space is limited and we expect the trips to fill quickly.
2022 Trip Options
- If the trips are full, sign up for the wait list. We hope to be able to add more spots throughout the summer.
- $395 (due by June 1)
- Limited scholarships are available. Contact Collegebound or your Admissions counselor for details.
- Refunds are only provided if we must cancel the program.
- Payment includes: trip transportation, food, permits, lodging, gear (if needed), and an incredible experience! This cost does NOT cover personal travel expenses from your home to CSB/SJU.
Additional costs may include lunch food on the travel days and any souvenirs.
- If you need to make other payment arrangements, contact Collegebound Director Kyle Rauch ( [email protected] or 320-363-2136).
2022 Trip Itinerary
- Friday, August 19, Arrive on campus, move into your academic year housing, Collegebound group meeting, gear sorting/packing, and Collegebound orientation dinner
- Saturday, August 20, Basecamp day at CSB|SJU, get to know your leaders and fellow Collegebounders, canoe and water training, skill learning, and group development
- Sunday, August 21, Travel to the Gunflint Trail at entrance to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness in Northern Minnesota. Camp at Trails End Campground or Voyageur Canoe Outfitters.
- Monday-Thursday, Aug 21-25, Collegebounding in the BWCA! Canoe and adventure in your small Collegebound group of 6-7 first-years and 2-3 student leaders (single-gender groups).
- Thursday, August 25, Return to campus, unpack, clean and return all gear, sleep in your campus housing.
- Friday, August 26, All first-year students move in and the required on-campus First-Year Student Orientation begins
Collegebound is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in the Outdoor Adventure Education services we provide. We encourage students of all identities and backgrounds, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, familial status, or status with regard to public assistance to consider joining the Collegebound outdoor orientation program. We are committed to working with all interested students to find ways to allow their participation.
Email [email protected] or contact: