Collegebound at CSB/SJU
August 19-26, 2020
We are beginning to plan the 2020 Collegebound program. Check back in Spring 2020 for trip options and registration details.
Email us with questions or for more information: [email protected]
What Is Collegebound?
- An optional Outdoor Orientation Program and learning experience for incoming first-year or transfer students at CSB/SJU.
- All first-year and transfer students are welcome to register for the program.
- Space is limited and trips almost always fill early.
- Collegebound students report program outcomes such as:
- assistance and ease in the transition and adjustment to college
- increase in self-confidence; self-efficacy
- interpersonal development (making friends and social connections)
- learning about CSB/SJU college life from upper class student leaders
- enjoyment and appreciation of the great outdoors in Northern Minnesota
- participation in challenging and adventurous activities in a safe and supportive environment
- Students choose between the base camp trip, backpacking trip, or canoeing trip.
- No experience is necessary and much of the required equipment/gear is provided.
- All trips take place in northeastern Minnesota (Boundary Waters and North Shore)
- We travel to and from Northern MN together, but break into small groups (mostly single-gender) for the majority of the program.
- Collegebound is an opportunity to learn about yourself and others while developing skills important to college life.
- Check out some photos from our past trips!
- 2019 Collegebound Brochure
- $395 (includes a $100 non-refundable deposit)
- Payment includes: trip transportation, food, permits, lodging, gear (if needed), and an incredible experience! This cost does NOT cover personal travel expenses from your home to CSB/SJU.
- Additional costs may include lunch food on the travel days and any souvenirs.
- If you are unable to make a credit card payment via the registration link, contact Kyle Rauch ( [email protected] or 320-363-2136) to make alternate arrangements.
- Wednesday, August 19, Arrive on campus, move into your academic year housing, Collegebound group meeting, gear sorting/packing, and Collegebound orientation dinner
- Thursday, August 20, Depart for Northern Minnesota trip destinations.
- Friday-Monday, August 21-24, Canoe, Backpack, Camp, and Adventure in your small Collegebound group
- Tuesday, August 25, All groups meet up and camp in Grand Marais for the final night
- Wednesday, August 26, Return to campus, unpack, clean and return all gear
- Thursday, August 27, All first-year students move in and the required on-campus Orientation begins
Check out a Collegebound video compilation made by 2016 participant, Joseph Pohle, on the BWCA canoeing trip: