Collegebound at CSB/SJU
All 2020 trips are canceled.
Based on guidance from the Center for Disease Control and the Minnesota Department of Health, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 Collegebound program. Student safety and well-being are our utmost priorities. Given all the uncertainties revolving around COVID-19, we cannot plan for the sort of trip we envisioned for student participants and leaders. We will instead turn our focus and energy to welcoming new students to campus in August. We are developing ways to provide outdoor programming as part of the First Year Experience using the amazing outdoor spaces and adventure resources we have on both campuses. We are planning on-campus activities and programs that fulfill the goals of Collegebound such as healthy risk-taking, friendship formation, college preparedness, outdoor skills, and environmental literacy. We look forward to meeting you all in August and beginning this adventure together.
- $395 (includes a $100 non-refundable deposit)
- Limited scholarships are available. Contact us or your Admissions counselor for details.
- Payment includes: trip transportation, food, permits, lodging, gear (if needed), and an incredible experience! This cost does NOT cover personal travel expenses from your home to CSB/SJU.
Additional costs may include lunch food on the travel days and any souvenirs.
- If you need to make alternate payment arrangements, contact Collegebound Director Kyle Rauch ( [email protected] or 320-363-2136).
- Wednesday, August 19, Arrive on campus, move into your academic year housing, Collegebound group meeting, gear sorting/packing, and Collegebound orientation dinner
- Thursday, August 20, Travel to the Arrowhead region of Northern Minnesota.
- Friday-Monday, August 21-24, Canoe, backpack, camp, and adventure in your small Collegebound group of 6-8 first-years and 2-3 student leaders (single-gender groups).
- Tuesday, August 25, All groups meet up and camp in Grand Marais for the final night
- Wednesday, August 26, Return to campus, unpack, clean and return all gear, sleep in your campus housing.
- Thursday, August 27, All first-year students move in and the required on-campus First-Year Student Orientation begins
Email [email protected] or contact: