Collegebound at CSB/SJU
Collegebound is tentatively being planned for August 19-25, 2021. Due to the pandemic, we will have limited space compared to other years. Collegebound participants can expect to follow COVID-19 policies prior to and during the program. Details and requirements will be communicated over the summer months. To gain a spot on Collegebound this year, please signup for the Open Enrollment Lottery between May 1 and May 15. Participants will be selected and notified later in May.
2021 Trip Options
- Due to limited space, we will conduct a lottery drawing for the first year spots on the program.
- Lottery registration is available between May 1 and May 15.
- Student participants will be selected and notified in late May.
- Students who confirm their spot on the program will be required to make full payment by June 1.
- *Note that Fall student-athletes, Bonner scholars, and perhaps other pre-orientation program requirements prevent some students from participating in Collegebound.
- $395 (due by June 1)
- Limited scholarships are available. Contact us or your Admissions counselor for details.
- Refunds are only provided if we must cancel the program.
- Payment includes: trip transportation, food, permits, lodging, gear (if needed), and an incredible experience! This cost does NOT cover personal travel expenses from your home to CSB/SJU.
Additional costs may include lunch food on the travel days and any souvenirs.
- If you need to make other payment arrangements, contact Collegebound Director Kyle Rauch ( [email protected] or 320-363-2136).
2021 Trip Itinerary
- Thursday, August 19, Arrive on campus, move into your academic year housing, Collegebound group meeting, gear sorting/packing, and Collegebound orientation dinner
- Friday, August 20, Travel to the Gunflint Trail at entrance to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness in Northern Minnesota. Camp at Trails End Campground.
- Sat-Tues, August 21-24, Canoe and adventure in your small Collegebound group of 6-7 first-years and 2-3 student leaders (single-gender groups).
- Wednesday, August 25, Return to campus, unpack, clean and return all gear, sleep in your campus housing.
- Thursday, August 26, All first-year students move in and the required on-campus First-Year Student Orientation begins
Email [email protected] or contact: