Collegebound at CSB/SJU
August 14-21, 2019
What Is Collegebound?
- An Outdoor Orientation Program and learning experience for incoming first year or transfer students to CSB/SJU.
- Students will either rock climb, canoe, or backpack in Northern Minnesota for the week preceding orientation. No experience necessary!
- An opportunity to learn about yourself and develop skills important to college life.
- A great way to meet other students, both first years and upperclassmen, before classes start.
- A good way to make the transition into college.
- Check out some photos from our past trips!
- 2019 Collegebound Brochure
- $395 (includes a $100 non-refundable deposit)
- Payment includes: trip transportation, food, lodging, gear (if needed), and a memorable experience! This cost does NOT cover personal travel expenses from your home to CSB/SJU.
- If you are unable to make a credit card payment, contact Kyle Rauch ( [email protected] or 320-363-2136) to make alternate arrangements.
- Wednesday, August 14, Arrive on campus, move-in, group meeting and dinner
- Thursday, August 15, Depart to North Shore
- Friday-Monday, August 16-19, Canoe, Rock Climb, Backpack, or Northshore Camp
- Monday, August 20, All groups meet up and camp in Grand Marais for the final night
- Tuesday, August 21, Return to campus
- Wednesday, August 22, All first-year students move in and orientation begins
Check out a Collegebound video compilation made by 2016 participant, Joseph Pohle, on the BWCA canoeing trip: