Where art and nature invite you for a walk.
Sunday, October 4, 2015
Spend the afternoon hiking in the woods at Saint John's as you enjoy the fall colors, artwork, live music, nature activities, and more along the Chapel Trail - rain or shine!
Check out all the inspiring poetry that was written at the 2013 event! Thank you to Larry Schug for helping with all of the poem creation.
NEW Chapel Trailhead Dedication Ceremony
Before Collegeville Colors in the afternoon, join Saint John's Abbey, Saint John's Outdoor University and guests to formally dedicate the newly constructed Chapel Trailhead on the beach of Lake Sagatagan. Come to any or all of the activities.
- 10:30 a.m. - Mass, Abbey Church
- 11:45 a.m. - Dedication Ceremony, Trailhead
- 12:15 p.m. - Lunch available for purchase at Saint John's Refectory
At the Stella Maris Chapel
- Johnnie Blend, 1:15 - 3:15 p.m.
SJU men's a capella singing group
- Saint John's Preparatory School Choir, 3:15 - 4:00 p.m.
Along the trails
- Ordinary Folk, 1-4:00 p.m.
- Madeline Olson, cello, 1-4:00 p.m.
- Fr. Michael Peterson, Native American flute, 1-3:00 p.m.
- Larry Schug, poetry reading and community poem, 1-4:00 p.m.
- Slackline demonstrations
- MN Herpetological Society
education and live animals
- Bark and leaf rubbing
- Bonfire with live music and light refreshments
- "The ever-changing canvas painting"
CSB/SJU Art Club
- Acorn collection
- Science of fall foliage
- Birding and bird education, Dave Zumeta
- Saint John's Prep World Club cultural displays and activities
- Lawn games
- And MORE!
We look forward to seeing you - and remember to bring your camera!
- Online Registration
Secure credit card transaction
- Outdoor U Members
Adults - $4
Youth/Child - FREE
Adults - $7
Youth (ages 4-17) - $4
Child (ages 3 & under) - FREE
- CSB/SJU Students - FREE
Pre-register by 4 PM on Oct. 2 and get $1 off per person!