2018 Abbey Firewood Sale
September 11, 2018
SAINT JOHN'S ABBEY TO AUCTION FIREWOOD
Saint John's Abbey will be selling about 20 cords of hardwood firewood by sealed bid auction. The wood was generated as part of the Abbey's long-term forest management program to provide renewable wood products and assure forest regeneration and wildlife habitat.
- The wood has already been cut and skidded into three different piles ranging from 6-7 cords per pile. All the piles are on accessible roads.
- The wood still needs to be cut into firewood lengths, split, and hauled. It was cut last winter.
- The wood is mostly oak occasionally mixed with other species.
The Bidding Process
- Bids are due by NOON on Monday, October 1, 2018.
- Sealed bids can be submitted online, or a bid form can be printed and submitted by mail or in person.
- Bidders can bid on as many piles as they want and each pile will be sold separately to the highest bidder for the pile. Bidders who end up with the high bid for more piles than they actually need can pick those piles they want and the piles they don't want will be sold to the next highest bidder.
- All wood is sold as appraised or "as is" and no adjustments for species mix or volume will be made after the sale.
Bidders may also examine the piles in person. Saint John's Abbey Forestry staff will be available weekdays between 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. For more information contact Henry Becker, Forest Technician at 320-808-5034.