Student Activities and Leadership Development
Director, Assistant Director, Office Coordinator, Student Manager
Length of Position:
10 hrs/wk January 16, 2017 - May 12, 2017
40 hrs/wk May 15, 2017 - August 28, 2017
10 hrs/wk August 29, 2017 - October 31, 2017
The Orientation Coordinator position will work with the professional staff and student staff of as a team member of Student Activities and Leadership Development with the duties and responsibilities of planning and implementing. New and Transfer Student Orientation, as well as, and Welcome Fest for the Academic Year 2017-2018. Orientation Coordinators will develop leadership, organizational, communication, time management, fiscal management, and public relation skills through learning, reflection, and engagement with the CSB/SJU community. Orientation Coordinators will work with professional staff and student managers to implement Orientation as an institution wide program coordinated by the office of Student Activities and Leadership Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate, organize, and implement the New and Transfer Student Orientation for the Academic Year 2017-2018.
· Participate in 2017 Orientation Leader hiring process.
· Plan, organize, and implement the 2017 Orientation Leader training.
· Assist in planning, organize, and implement the 2017 Orientation Leader training.
· Collect and maintain accurate records for the orientation programming.
· Develop programming social, relational, and educational as directed by supervisor and/or student manager.
· Professionally communicate in person, meetings, phone, email, etc. with other professionals and student staff.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Ability to work with deadlines and effectively manage time.
· Ability to be self-directed, self-motivated, and work independently with supervision.
· Excellent organizational ability/skills.
· Ability to delegate tasks.
· Public relations skills: assertive, helpful, sensitive and tactful in working with others.
· Ability to manage details accurately such as proof reading, scheduling, coordinating events, maintaining records.
· Able to accept and respond to constructive criticism.
· Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Ability to learn new computer skills, such as Ingenuix, Forms Manager, or Photoshop
· Proficient in social media.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Friendly, flexible and adaptable.
· Project a positive image of service which represents department and division.
· A willingness to maintain a high level of competence. Discreet judgment and confidentiality are expected.
· Maintain professional appearance of all department work areas.
· Model good stewardship of institutional resources.
SALD - (320)-363-5254
Please apply by using the 2017 Orientation Coordinator Application
The Orientation Coordinator position will be a highly involved, creative, and task oriented employment for the department of Student Activities and Leadership Development. Through this process, we, as a department, will plan to foster your personal development as well as your contributions to the greater good of CSB/SJU.
The xID(x46227) of this page must be set on the Forms Properties page in Forms Manager.