Direct Admission Program for CSB and SJU’s Nursing Major
CSB and SJU provide the opportunity for direct admission into our nursing major for students who meet the following qualifications when they apply for admission. If a student meets the initial direct admission requirements, they will receive a letter indicating their acceptance to the direct admission program from the Nursing Department. No additional notification will be provided.
Early application to CSB and SJU is strongly encouraged, as there are a limited number of direct admission offers made each year related to maximum cohort size for any nursing class.
Qualifications for Direct Admission Program:
- Cumulative high school GPA of 3.25 or higher at time of admission.
- The student must indicate nursing as their area of interest at the time of application to the college.
- The student must be a new, entering first-year student. Therefore, if a student graduated from high school, started a college career elsewhere, and is now transferring to CSB and SJU, the student is not eligible for the direct admission program. Students completing 8 semesters at CSB and SJU are not considered transfer students. These students are able to apply to the nursing major during spring semester of their first year at CSB and SJU.
- Please note: The high school GPA requirement is evaluated on a regular basis and is subject to change.
To retain eligibility in the Direct Admission Program a student must:
- Attain a GPA of 3.4 or higher in prerequisite courses by the end of spring semester in the first year.
- Attain a minimum of a BC in each prerequisite course. (The CSB and SJU grading scale is as follows: A, AB, B, BC, C, CD, D, F).
- Not withdraw from any prerequisite course (refer to the Student Handbook for the definition of withdrawal under Progression in the Major - 4e).
- If a student does not retain direct admission eligibility, they can still apply to the nursing program and be considered for acceptance.