Dr. Carie Braun
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota, 2003
- M.S., University of Minnesota, 1998
- B.S., College of Saint Benedict, 1992
Areas of Expertise:
- Care of children and families
- Chronic illness in children
- Family-centered care
- Adolescent healthcare
- Alternative and complementary therapies
- Nursing Education
- St. Cloud Hospital, Float Pool
- St. Cloud Hospital, Children's Center
- Stearns County Public Health
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Teenage Medical Service/Children's Hospitals and Clinics
My research interests are in the area of evidence-based nursing care of children and families with a particular emphasis on the use of complementary and alternative healthcare strategies with children.
- Braun, C. (2022-in progress). Complementary therapies in education. In M.F. Tracy and R. Lindquist (eds.) Complementary Therapies in Nursing: Promoting Integrative Care. (9th Edition). New York, NY: Springer Publishing.
- Braun, C. (2017). Complementary therapies in education. In M. Snyder and R. Lindquist (eds.) Complementary/Alternative Therapies in Nursing (8th Edition). New York, NY: Springer Publishing.
- Braun, C. & Anderson, C. (2016). Pathophysiology: a clinical approach (3rd ed.). Baltimore, MD: Lippincott, Williams, and Wilkins.
- Braun, C. & Anderson, C. (2016). Study guide to accompany Pathophysiology: a clinical approach (3rd ed.). Baltimore, MD: Lippincott, Williams, and Wilkins.
- Laudenbach, N., Braun, C., Klaverkamp, L., Hedman-Dennis, S. (2014). Peripheral IV stabilization and the rate of complications in children: An exploratory study. Journal of Pediatric Nursing, available online 2/12/2014 at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.pedn.2014.02.002.
Dr. Carie Braun, professor
CSB Main 453
College of Saint Benedict
Saint John’s University
Dr. Julie Strelow
Chair, Nursing Department Undergraduate Program
CSB Main 441