Dr. Georgia Hogenson
Assistant Professor, Department of Nursing
Office: Main 337
- PhD in Nursing from South Dakota State University, 2013
- MSN in Nursing Education from the University of Phoenix, 2006
- BS in Nursing from the College of Saint Benedict, 1998
Areas of Expertise
- Perioperative/ Surgical
- Acute and Chronic Pain
- Family-centered care
- Medical/Surgical Nursing
- Maternal Child: Obstetrics
- Nursing Education
- Biomedical Ethics
- St. Cloud Hospital, Surgery, Charge Nurse, Staff
- St. Cloud Hospital, Surgical Units, SUR1 and SUR2
- St. Cloud Hospital, Labor and Delivery
- St. Cloud Surgical Center, Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- Anesthesia Pain Clinic, Pain Coordinator
My research interests are in the area of evidence-based nursing care of patients with an emphasis on postoperative outcome improvement, surgical interventions, pain management, ethics in nursing, moral courage and alternative healthcare strategies for patients with pain.
- Dinndorf-Hogenson, G. (2015). Moral courage in practice: Implications for patient safety. Journal of Nursing Regulation, 6(2), p. 10-16.
- Berndt, J., Hoover, C., Neuwirth, J., Dinndorf-Hogenson, G., Tollefson, B., & Lang, N. (2014). Collaborative classroom simulation (CCS): An innovative pedagogy using simulation in nursing education. Nursing Education Perspectives. Accepted for publication.
- Dinndorf-Hogenson, G. (2013). Perioperative nurses perceptions of moral courage. Dissertation: ProQuest® Dissertation and Thesis Database, 348 pages; 3578016
- Hegge, M. & Dinndorf-Hogenson, G. (2012). Elders adapting to a chronic diagnosis within a nursing refuge. Nursing Forum, 47(2), 131-137.
- Dinndorf, G. (2002). Patient Assessment, In CNOR Exam Study Guide Book, Certification Board of Perioperative Nursing (CBPN), Competency & Credentialing Institute: St. Louis Missouri.
- Committee Chair: Research Program/Scholarly Presentations, Sigma Theta Tau, National Honor Society, Kappa Phi Chapter
- Past President: Sigma Theta Tau, National Honor Society, Kappa Phi Chapter
- Past President: Association of PeriOperative Registered Nurses, Heartland Chapter # 2403
- American Society for Bioethics and Humanities
- Golden Key International Honor Society
- Midwest Nursing Research Society (MNRS)
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI)
- Association of PeriOperative Registered Nurses (AORN)