ACT/SAT scores are strong predictors of success in the nursing curriculum. CSB/SJU will guarantee admission to the nursing major at the time of enrollment to the college for students who meet the following qualifications. If the student meets the initial EAP requirements, they are automatically qualified and will receive a letter indicating their acceptance to EAP from the Nursing Department. No additional notification will be provided.
Qualifications for EAP Admission:
• ACT composite score of 27 or higher, combined SAT two-subject score of 1290 or higher, or combined SAT three-subject score of 1820 or higher at time of application to the college. The ACT or SAT composite score is not superscored for EAP qualification. The Nursing Early Admission Program will accept ACT/SAT scores taken before March 1 of the applicant's senior year of high school.
• The student must indicate nursing as his or her area of interest at the time of application to the college. The student must be a new, entering first-year student.
• Therefore, if a student graduated from high school, started a college career elsewhere, and is now transferring to CSB/SJU, the student is not eligible for the EAP program.
Please note: The ACT/SAT requirement is evaluated on a regular basis and is subject to change.
To retain eligibility in the Early Admission Program a student must:
• Attain a GPA of 3.0 or higher in prerequisite courses by the end of spring semester in the first year. The student must also attain a minimum of a BC in each prerequisite course. (The CSB/SJU grading scale is as follows: A, AB, B, BC, C, CD, D, F).
• A student who does not retain EAP eligibility can still be considered through the general acceptance process.