At the end of each semester of study, all students enrolled in applied lessons must perform a jury to demonstrate their development in learning and musicianship during that semester. Music majors are required to complete full-faculty jury exams upon completion of MUSC 112 and 211. Music minors are required to complete a full-faculty jury exam upon completion of MUSC 112.
Spring Semester 2022
All juries will be in person. Your studio instructor will send you an email containing information about juries along with the link to Google Sheets (assigned to MUSC Juries), for jury sign-up.
This semesters forms will be printed and available for you on the bulletin boards outside of each Music Office (SJU 110 and CSB-BAC A116). The forms are also available below if you need to print additional forms.
Day of Jury:
- Arrive 5 minutues prior to your jury time and wait outside the room until you are called in.
- Please bring 1 completed form and present to your studio instructor.
- Masks, bell covers/puppy pads (if applicable), are also required.
Jury Dates and Times:
Strings (Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass, Guitar, Class Guitar, Harp)
- Monday, April 25, 10:30am - 2:00pm (BAC Recital Hall)
*Class Guitar in D048
Woodwinds, Brass, Percussion
- Thursday, April 28, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (BAC IRH - D-040)
- Thursday, April 28, 10:00 a.m. - 4:300 p.m. (SJU Music 028).
- Thursday, April 28, 9am-4pm (SJU 106) *12:48pm-2:06pm is reserved for Class Piano*
- Friday, April 29, 9am-4pm (CSB A127)
*Students of Trubnikava and Drontle, please sign up on 4/29*
*Those completing piano proficiency, please sign up for 3 consecutive timeslots*
Full Faculty Juries*
-Friday, April 29, starting at 4:45pm (BAC D040)
*Please fill out a regular jury form and present to your studio instructor.
If you have any questions, please contact the Music Department Coordinator, Kelly Brueske.