The Festival - Goal and Description
Come to Saint John’s………
FESTIVAL OF STYLES
Saturday, September 29, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Especially designed for high school singers.
- Teachers/directors are invited and expected to sing next to (with) their students.
- Focus on 3 or 4 ‘styles’ of music.
- Performance’ is NOT the goal for the day – although we will end the day singing together.
- The festival will continue to focus on literature for TTBB and SSAA, but the schedule/design allows more time to learn more about the specific styles.
- The music will lend itself both for performance by a full choir or small ensemble.
2018 Styles and Directors: To be announced
2017 Styles and Directors:
- World Music – Bret Amundson, CSC, 2017 MN All State SSAA Choir Director
- Barbershop/Sweet Adelines – Doug Carnes, Great Northern Union
- Spiritual – André Heywood, CSB/SJU, 2017 ACDA Dialogue Conductor’s Choir director
- Exploring Vocal Jazz and Improvisation – Jennifer Parker, McNally Smith College
Literature: Music for the Day: To be announced
- $5.00 registration fee per student – to cover basic expenses
- Lunch: in SJU Refectory: $9.00 per person
Axel Theimer at