Multicultural Student Services
What is a Travel Signature?
- It is the signature a DSO issues you after you enter the U.S. to begin your F-1 status.
- The signature confirms that you have valid F-1 status.
- You must have a valid travel signature on your I-20 to return to the U.S. after you travel abroad.
- Each signature is valid for one year. (F-1 students on OPT: the travel signature is valid for six months).
- The travel signature is required for returning to the U.S. It is not required for leaving the U.S.
- If your current travel signature will expire before you will return to the U.S., you must request an updated travel signature.
- The travel signature is on page 2 of your I-20.
Travel Signature Eligibility
- Have a valid I-20 issued by one of the DSOs or PDSO (Malik Stewart; Nichole Matuska; Alex Schleper; Patricia Weishaar).
- Meet immigration requirements of maintaining a full course of study.