Resources for allies
To find recordings of safe space trainings, Q+ events, and more....visit csbsju.edu/iiss/gender-and-sexuality, then click the icon QPLUS (not the side option).
- https://thesafezoneproject.com/ - The Safe Zone Project is a project dedicated to training people on LGBTQ+ inclusivity and creating a safe and brave space throughout their daily lives.
- https://lgbtqia.ucdavis.edu/educated/glossary - A glossary to LGBTQIA+ language and terms.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iKHjl5xAaA - A video on why pronouns matter.
- https://guides.kirkwood.edu/c.php?g=219944&p=1455740 - What is privilege as a cis-gender and/or heterosexual person?
- https://www.thetrevorproject.org/ - How to support LGBTQ+ youth
- https://lgbtq.unc.edu/programs/education/safe-zone-training/guidelines-safe-zone-allies/if-someone-comes-out-you - How to support someone who opened up regarding their identity
- https://transequality.org/know-your-rights/health-care - Learning about transphobia within the healthcare system and how to support transgender people
- https://onlinemasters.ohio.edu/masters-nursing/lgbtq-health-disparities-lgbtq-healthcare-ohio-university/ - How to combat disparities faced by LGBTQ+ people in the healthcare system