2010 - Fourth Annual
2010 Conference Details
The fourth annual MN Study Abroad Returnee Conference was held on Saturday, October 9, 2010 at the University of St. Thomas. This event brought together resources from across Minnesota to provide support to recently returned study abroad students. One-hundred and five students attended, representing 17 institutions from across Minnesota. These students studied abroad in almost fifty countries. Twenty-two volunteers from across the state helped to make this day a reality.
The conference is designed to allow students an opportunity to reflect on their international experiences and share their adventures with other students from around the world.
Dr. Angeline Barretta-Herman, Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs at the University of St. Thomas gave the opening comments and welcomed everyone to campus.
Students attended three of eight rotating sessions and engaged in small group discussion over lunch.
New to the 2010 conference was the first annual Photo Contest and Poster Competition. Dozens of student entries allow all conference participants to learn more about the others' study abroad experiences. In addition, prizes were awarded to the top entries.
- Go Abroad Again: Teaching & Short-Term Work
- Go Abroad Again: Get Involved & Volunteer
- Craft Your Study Abroad Stories for Interviewing
- Myths & Realities of an International Career Abroad: Ready for the "real world"??!!
- International Careers at Home & Abroad
- Graduate School Info
- Neither Here nor There: Exploring Questions of Reverse Culture Shock