A student who graduates from CSB and SJU will be able to...
- Conscious Consumption
Demonstrate practical skills for navigating and participating in the modern information landscape.
- Search Strategies
Develop effective search strategies to find resources that meet their information need or assignment parameters.
- Critical Evaluation and Selection
Evaluate and select resources using appropriate criteria.
- Technology Skill Set
Develop the technical skills needed to communicate in a variety of formats.
- Attribution Ethics
Demonstrate the ability to make reasoned ethical and legal choices when using others' work and provide attribution according to best practices within a given discipline, medium, or distribution channel.
- Information Ethics
Demonstrate an understanding of their rights as information creators.
Connections to Other Learning Goals
Our student learning outcomes correspond to the following learning goals at CSB and SJU:
Institutional Learning Goals
- Think Deeply: Think critically, creatively, and with complexity when addressing significant questions.
- Embrace Difference: Observe life from multiple perspectives.
- Engage Globally: Embark on a journey of discovery and take part in the world.
Integrations Curriculum Learning Goals
- Analyzing Texts: Elicit and construct meanings from texts.
- Information Literacy: Identify, evaluate, and responsibly use information.
- Metacognition: Optimize one’s own thinking and learning process.
- Quantitative Reasoning: Solve quantitative problems and develop and communicate arguments supported by quantitative evidence.
- Speak: Construct ideas, opinions and information in appropriate oral forms.
- Write: Construct ideas, opinions and information in appropriate written forms.