Coming Spring 2014...
Let's Talk About It: Muslim Journeys
Community Reading & Discussion Program
Please note: While open to the public, participants need to pre-register to attend this discussion series. Registration is now closed, but contact Diana Symons at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to a wait-list in case spaces open up.
Clemens Library is offering a series of public Let's Talk About It: Muslim Journeys scholar-led book discussions based on the Bridging Cultures: Muslim Journeys Bookshelf's "Connected Histories" theme. We meet 5:00-6:30pm every other Thursday from February 13-April 10, 2014, in Clemens Library. Our programs feature local scholar Dr. Jeffrey Diamond, Assistant Professor of History at CSB/SJU. He will introduce each book and lead the discussion of the book. Participants have received free copies of the five books listed below, and are encouraged to read each book before the discussion about it.
Our discussion schedule is as follows:
- 2/13/2014: When Asia Was the World
- 2/27/2014: The House of Wisdom
- 3/13/2014: The Ornament of the World
- 3/27/2014: Leo Africanus
- 4/10/2014: In an Antique Land
More information on the "Connected Histories" theme:
- Connected Histories introductory essay
- Connected Histories: an Introduction video
- Connected Histories overview
- Further resources/recommended reading
- Muslim Journeys Web Resources
Let's Talk About It: Muslim Journeys, a reading and discussion series, has been made possible through a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities in cooperation with the American Library Association.