Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to be proficient in Spanish to receive the minor?

Yes. We require students to have completed Spanish 310 or 311 and Spanish 312 or by the approval of Spanish faculty.

Are all the courses in the Latino/Latin American Studies Minor taught in Spanish?

No. We offer a variety of courses to fulfill the requirement for the minor which are taught in English and Spanish.

How is study abroad related to the Latino/Latin American Studies Minor?

Find out how the programs in Chile and Guatemala are related to the LLAS minor.