Covenant of Commitment
The following document is the covenant agreement that all participants sign when committing to be part of the Companion Groups.
As for me, I am establishing my covenant
with you and your descendants after you….
This is the sign of the covenant that I make
between me and you and every living creature that is with you,
for all future generations:
I have set my bow in the clouds,
and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth.
I agree to:
- participate in this group by offering the insights, struggles, and questions that are part of my life’s journey.
- maintain confidentiality. What is shared in the group stays in the group.
- listen to others in a loving, accepting, and nonjudgmental way. Their experiences are theirs; they have a right to voice them.
- “care,” not “cure.” I will offer advice only when it’s requested. I will encourage other participants to listen to the guidance of the Spirit within.
- encourage and respect others questions. I also will respect when anyone wants to pass her opportunity to share.
- make it a priority to attend group gatherings. I will do my best to put aside all other commitments for this academic year when they are in conflict with my commitment to this group. I will contact my group facilitators if I am unable to participate in a session.
- do my best to reflect on the theme for the group meeting prior to each gathering.
- speak directly to a group participant if a conflict arises. If we are having difficulty addressing a given issue, we will consult with our group’s facilitators.