- Ph.D., Cornell University
- B.A., University of California at Santa Cruz
Recent (20 th-21 st century) US History with a focus on race, class, and gender. Also sport history, health care/public health issues, and recent US foreign policy.
Dr. Jones is currently working on a long essay on the Black experience at CSB and SJU from the 1930s through the 1980s.
- HIST 152C: Chasing the American Dream
- HIST 3ooc: Sport and Society in 20th Century America
- HIST 357: United States From World War I to 1960
- HIST 358: United States Since 1960
- HIST 368: United States and the World
The Loaf that Became a Legend: A History of Saint John’s Bread [Amazon]
I started teaching at Arizona State University, but realized I wanted to be at a smaller school with a liberal arts focus and an emphasis on teaching. I came here in 1976 and have happily stayed ever since. Besides teaching History and First Year Seminar, I have had the privilege of working with many colleagues in the past as the director of the Learning Enhancement Service, the CSB/SJU program to help faculty teach in ways that promote excellent student learning.