- Ph.D., Cornell University
- B.A., University of California at Santa Cruz
Recent (20 th-21 st century) US History with a focus on race, class, and gender. Also sport history, health care/public health issues, and recent US foreign policy.
Dr. Jones is currently working on a long essay on the Black experience at CSB and SJU from the 1930s through the 1980s.
- HIST 152C: Chasing the American Dream
- HIST 3ooc: Sport and Society in 20th Century America
- HIST 357: United States From World War I to 1960
- HIST 358: United States Since 1960
- HIST 368: United States and the World
The Loaf that Became a Legend: A History of Saint John’s Bread [Amazon]
I started teaching at Arizona State University, but realized I wanted to be at a smaller school with a liberal arts focus and an emphasis on teaching. I came here in 1976 and have happily stayed ever since. Besides teaching History and First Year Seminar, I have had the privilege of working with many colleagues in the past as the director of the Learning Enhancement Service, the CSB/SJU program to help faculty teach in ways that promote excellent student learning.
CSB Richarda N6
College of Saint Benedict
Saint John’s University
Dr. Brian Larkin
Chair, History Department
CSB Richarda N8