Each semester the Center for Global Education sponsors a study abroad photo contest entitled "Bennies and Johnnies Around the World" (co-sponsored by the Admission Office) for all students who have studied abroad.
DEADLINE: September 19th, 2017
- You can enter as many photos as you may like.
- Each entry needs your name, photo, title, and description in order to be considered.
- Eligible students must have participated in a CSB/SJU study abroad program
- Entries become the property of CSB/SJU Center for Global Education
Suggestions for Great Entries
- Bennies and Johnnies interacting and mixing of cultures with people from all over the world
- The best images clearly "show" an international setting or some indication of the specific setting.
- Picture should be a clear, crisp photo with good lighting.
- Photos of professors instructing students would be great ... just step back from the group and take some shots.
- Photos with students posing are fine, but we prefer photos where (at least it appears) that students aren't aware of the camera.
The top Ten Finalists will be determined by the CGE staff and student workers. The top ten finalists will be posted here. You and campus community will then be asked to determine the PEOPLE'S CHOICE winner. The Best Group Shot may or may not be a part of the top ten finalists.
Winners will be announced via email.
Submitted photos become property of CSB/SJU. By submitting your photograph(s), you permit CSB/SJU to use your name in conjunction with the photo(s) used to promote our programs in any and all media. CSB/SJU has the right to determine the future use of the photos.
PRIZES DISTRIBUTION BELOW:
People's Choice-$145 CSB/SJU Bookstore gift certificate
2nd-$100 CSB/SJU Bookstore gift certificate
3rd-$75 CSB/SJU Bookstore gift certificate
4th -$50 CSB/SJU Bookstore gift certificate
- WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME? Great prizes! And the opportunity to display your creative work while promoting study abroad.
- WHEN AND WHERE WILL THE PHOTOS APPEAR? Photos will be displayed on our Web site and will be part of an international study exhibit on the CSB/SJU campuses. In addition, the colleges use them for general publications and for the international study brochure. They could be used on the Web and in advertisements. By submitting the photos you are giving us permission to use them.
- I HAVE SOME GREAT SHOTS THAT DON'T HAVE CSB/SJU STUDENTS IN THEM. SHOULD I SUBMIT THEM? Yes. However, we generally prefer photos that include CSB/SJU students.
- HOW MANY SHOULD I SUBMIT? As many as you like, but try and pick out your best photos for submission. Remember that you need to complete a submission for EACH photo.
- WILL I BE CREDITED FOR THE PHOTO IF IT IS USED? Sometimes yes and sometimes no. We do keep your name attached to our digital file, but not all brochures are set up to provide the photography credit.