London Summer Internships
May 18 - July 16 OR June 15 - August 13, 2017
- Opportunity live and work in one of the largest cities in the world
- Learn about British Life and Culture by visiting such places as the Tate Modern, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, and Houses of Parliament
- Live in the culturally vibrant neighborhood of Kensington (your neighbors will be Prince William and Princess Kate!)
- Earn experience and professional skills by interning at a small or medium-sized organization
Course and Program Information
Course Name: International Field Experience
Course Number: SA 398
Credit Number: 1-4 credits
Designation: Experiential Learning
This program operates on a hybrid model. Students will earn CSB/SJU credit for the internship and can take the internship course for 1-4 credits. Additionally, students will also earn transfer credit from FIE in London for a British Life and Culture course they will take abroad.
Spend your summer in an international internship in one of the most vibrant cities in the world. London offers a vast resource for experience-based learning. The work environments available to FIE interns cater to almost every major and include the various business sectors, not-for-profit, political, public sector and creative organizations. Through FIE's internship placements, you will have the opportunity to build professional skills, increase industry knowledge and experience while working in a different culture and in a major global city.
Program Cost & Financial Considerations
The estimated Program Fee is TBD plus one to four academic credit(s) at the reduced summer tuition rate (approximately $573 per credit).
The program fee includes:
- Tuition for British Life & Culture course
- Local transportation
The program fee does not include:
- Meals (estimated at $1200)
- Roundtrip airfare (estimated at $1400)
- Visa fees (estimated at $550)
- Personal expenses
Students will live in furnished flats (apartments) or residential style housing. In the flats, students will have access to common areas with televisions, WiFi, and kitchens.