United Kingdom: London Summer Internships
London, United Kingdom
May 23- July 21, 2019
- Opportunity live and work in one of the largest cities in the world
- Learn about British Life and Culture by visiting such places as the Tate Modern, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, and Houses of Parliament
- Live in the culturally vibrant neighborhood of Kensington (your neighbors will be Prince William and Princess Kate!)
- Earn experience and professional skills by interning at a small or medium-sized organization
Course and Program Information
Credit Number: 6 Transfer Credits
Students will earn transfer credits for completing an internship and for a British Life and Culture course.
Spend your summer in an international internship in one of the most vibrant cities in the world. London offers a vast resource for experience-based learning. The work environments available to FIE interns cater to almost every major and include the various business sectors, not-for-profit, political, public sector and creative organizations. Through FIE's internship placements, you will have the opportunity to build professional skills, increase industry knowledge and experience while working in a different culture and in a major global city.
Program Cost & Financial Considerations
The estimated program fee is $7,995 paid directly to program partner, FIE.
The program fee includes:
- 6 transfer credits for the British Life and Culture course and the Internship course
- Housing while the program is in session
- Program administrative costs and fees
- Local transportation while in London
- CISI Medical & Evacuation Insurance
The program fee does not include:
- Non-program travel or housing
- Roundtrip airfare
- Visa Fees
- Food/Meal expenses
- Personal expenses
The Short-Term Abroad Financing Brochure includes estimates for the items not included in the program fee, along with information regarding scholarships for study abroad.
Accommodation and classroom facilities, along with many other support services are provided by the Foundation for International Education (FIE), based in London. On the summer internship program, you will live in furnished flats (apartments) or residential style housing. In the accommodations, there are single sex bedrooms, but the kitchen and living rooms areas are shared by other US students. Meals are not included in the program fee, but you will have access to shared furnished kitchen facilities in the student residence. Computer and printing access for all students is available at Metrogate, 24 hours a day. Wireless Internet access is available in all buildings.
- Program Advisor: Joy Ruis, Center for Global Education