France - Cannes
Soak up the international atmosphere of the French Riviera — the backdrop for the French language and culture program located in Cannes (pop. 74,000). Live on the Mediterranean Sea and experience a city that has inspired such painters as Matisse and Picasso and is near many important artistic and historic sites.
Explore complete France-Cannes Program details on the CSB/SJU Global Portal.
The CSB/SJU program is based at the Campus International de Cannes (CIC). You will take French langauge courses throughout your semester, along with a variety of seminar courses (taught in English and French) from the offerings at the CIC.
- COLG 385 - Study Abroad Seminar (4 cr)
- FREN 115 - Elementary French I Abroad (4 cr)
- FREN 116 - Elementary French II Abroad (4cr)
- FREN 215 - Intermediate French I Abroad (4 cr)
- FREN 216 - Intermediate French II Abroad (4 cr)
- FREN 315 - French Conversation/Composition Abroad I (4 cr)
- FREN 316 - French Conversation/Composition Abroad II (4 cr)
- FREN 320 - Advanced Grammar Abroad (4 cr)
- ART 250A/B - History of Art in France (4 cr) (FA; AE)
- FREN 323/LNGS 323 - French Civilization Abroad (4 cr) (FA; AE)
- FREN 322 - Expression Teatrale (2 cr) (FA; AE)
Students live, eat, socialize, and study at the CIC, home to many international and some French students. Double occupancy dorm style rooms offer shared bathrooms. Common spaces include a lounge, large courtyard, library, and small cafe. Participation in the France-Cannes program offers CSB/SJU students full board (three meals a day, seven days a week) in the cafeteria.
During a semester abroad, CSB/SJU students pay the same tuition as if on campus. Instead of paying CSB/SJU Housing and Meal Plan, all students studying abroad pay an Education Abroad Program Fee. Find Program Fee information on the CSB/SJU Global Portal.
Please note: to obtain the required visa to study on this program you will need to submit your visa application in person at a France VFS Visa Application Center. This is not included in your program fee.
- CSB/SJU Global Portal
- Study Abroad 101
- Fall 2022 Program Director: Ana Conboy, Languages and Cultures
- Program Manager: Nicole Clements, Center for Global Education
Program Director Information
Ana Fonseca Conboy, Ph.D., is Associate Professor of French at CSBSJU. She has led the France Study Abroad program (fall 2018) and is eager to return with another great group of students. Her areas of interest lie in 17th century French theater, second language pedagogy, and contemplative pedagogy. On campus, you will find her working closely with the French Club and the French Cultural Events Assistant. She can't wait to meet you!